Gallia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallia

A roleplay site where all is welcome, just hold the drama :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm by Quindaro

»  A question.
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 pm by Zyxeir

» Anybody out there still?
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 pm by Quindaro

» Return from break
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 pm by Shikyo

» Administration
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:21 am by Gajeel Volk

» time to Get this place back on Track
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm by Ragecano

» Second Takeover (Siege)
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 pm by Harsolf

» Kenta and his spell
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 pm by Shrade

» Kenta and his weapons
Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm by Shrade

Top posters
Fletcher Ren
Accepting What You Don't Like I_vote_lcapAccepting What You Don't Like I_voting_barAccepting What You Don't Like I_vote_rcap 
Quindaro
Accepting What You Don't Like I_vote_lcapAccepting What You Don't Like I_voting_barAccepting What You Don't Like I_vote_rcap 
Axium Ziakri
Shikyo
Harsolf
Masaaki Amaterasu
Kami Taka
Riotier
luc_5
Miyako Kiyoshi
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Accepting What You Don't Like

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo

Echo

Accepting What You Don't Like Empty
PostSubject: Accepting What You Don't Like   Accepting What You Don't Like EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 am

So I found this topic interesting, especially since it drove me insane. Accepting what you don't like is too often in life to resist. Work, for example. I'm sure we all would rather play games than write assigned paragraphs, create charts, utilize numbers, or blankly sit in an office for hours. However, what good would it be if we didn't know how to work? Things can get as major as death that we have to accept. In Gallia, some of our characters may die against our will, and I'm sure we'll all be upset about it. Heck, I've killed multiple characters in my lifetime, already, and people were madly pissed at me. However, you've got to learn to suck it up. You can't just say "I refuse" or "I'm gonna pretend like this didn't happen", if you're witnessing hard work vanish from your eyes in a RP. It's part of every storyline. Unless there are rules against death, there is a plot you're destroying if you are not following its rules. We may not have official rules on our site, but we sure as hell have common laws within Gallia. Someone can't simply takeover the planet in one post; they have to work it through. If such an issue becomes an argument to some people, then good riddance to them. They should know that nefariousness exists everywhere, and that life itself is unfair. They should also understand the feelings of our imagination, and how a good boy can legally create a devil if he wants. By all means, we should just accept the obstacles we see in life, and try to exceed them. Fear is the first step.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Accepting What You Don't Like   Accepting What You Don't Like EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 pm

You know, I'm just browsing, and I have zero context, and this is ages old, so let me know if I'm just being an idiot. This could very well be about people being angry over other people's characters being killed, and so this isn't necessarily addressed at you, but I know I have had a lot of trouble over this in the past on other sites. I feel like I might as well voice this. Know that I don't mean this maliciously towards you.

But I think that it's just common courtesy to have consent on both sides when a character's killed in an RP. Of course, no character's invincible; but, then, we have to keep in mind that all of this is just a construct of our own minds, too. It's just plain rude to kill someone's character when that someone in control of the character isn't ready to let go. A death in an RP like this is, typically, a pretty big deal. I'm a newcomer here, but I'm plenty experienced when it comes to roleplaying in general, and everywhere I've ever played, especially on the more low-volume, high-standards sites (you know, the sorts where you have to fill out lengthy applications and such and post 1000+ word posts), pre-planning has always been valued. It's an invaluable skill to have as a roleplayer. Keeping this in mind, it isn't infeasible to think that you could, you know, check if it's alright with a player to kill his or her character before embarking on whatever "hard work" for which you might deem it necessary to sacrifice another character.

Now, I'm no mod, here, and I've literally been on the site a day, but I don't think anyone should end up being angry over the death of a character—because if that's the case, it's just poor planning on the part of the killer.

I don't mean to offend, and I'll gladly remove this if I'm just being an idiot. I don't want to start an argument; if anyone needs to say anything that might cause one, go ahead and PM me, and we can deal with it there.
Back to top Go down
http://renoire.boards.net/
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Accepting What You Don't Like   Accepting What You Don't Like EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Kyrie Valenka wrote:
You know, I'm just browsing, and I have zero context, and this is ages old, so let me know if I'm just being an idiot. This could very well be about people being angry over other people's characters being killed, and so this isn't necessarily addressed at you, but I know I have had a lot of trouble over this in the past on other sites. I feel like I might as well voice this. Know that I don't mean this maliciously towards you.

But I think that it's just common courtesy to have consent on both sides when a character's killed in an RP. Of course, no character's invincible; but, then, we have to keep in mind that all of this is just a construct of our own minds, too. It's just plain rude to kill someone's character when that someone in control of the character isn't ready to let go. A death in an RP like this is, typically, a pretty big deal. I'm a newcomer here, but I'm plenty experienced when it comes to roleplaying in general, and everywhere I've ever played, especially on the more low-volume, high-standards sites (you know, the sorts where you have to fill out lengthy applications and such and post 1000+ word posts), pre-planning has always been valued. It's an invaluable skill to have as a roleplayer. Keeping this in mind, it isn't infeasible to think that you could, you know, check if it's alright with a player to kill his or her character before embarking on whatever "hard work" for which you might deem it necessary to sacrifice another character.

Now, I'm no mod, here, and I've literally been on the site a day, but I don't think anyone should end up being angry over the death of a character—because if that's the case, it's just poor planning on the part of the killer.

I don't mean to offend, and I'll gladly remove this if I'm just being an idiot. I don't want to start an argument; if anyone needs to say anything that might cause one, go ahead and PM me, and we can deal with it there.

I respect all opinions, so never believe I will do such a thing as to call you an idiot. Ironically enough, that'd actually make me an idiot for acting so immaturely. I do, however, have one thing to say about this, and that is it is never mandatory for someone to join a siege topic. These people willingly joined the topics knowing there'd be trouble. Now, I won't continue this as it may already contain debatable material, and I know how much you wouldn't appreciate being involved in an argument.

This topic is now dropped. If you wish to further discuss it, PM me or those who wish to be PM'd about the discussion at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accepting What You Don't Like   Accepting What You Don't Like Empty

Back to top Go down

Accepting What You Don't Like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gallia :: Off- Topic Discussions :: Member Channels-
Jump to: